Labels

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


     Rating: 5/5 stars
     Recommend: absolutely 

     SynopsisStarting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


     Review: I was totally unsure if I would like this book since me and sci-fi don't mix, but boy was I wrong. I absolutely ADORED this book, I don't think I have a single big complaint about it. Obsidian follows Katy, a book blogger who moves from Florida to West Virginia with her mother after the death of her father. Katy doesn't have high hopes for small town living, until she meets her neighbors. Dee and Daemon Black are supermodel gorgeous and Daemon has the attitude to match. As Katy gets closer to Dee and tries to not be attracted to Daemon, she learns things about them, things that could kill her. This was such a fun book, it was never dull and that is really saying something considering I find many books boring at points. I hate that I Waited so long to pick this one up, I could already be through the series if I had done it earlier! 

     What I liked: everything. I'm being serious, I loved everything about this book. Katy was a great narrator, Dee was absolutely precious, and Daemon was just UGH. The sexual tension from the first meeting was very apparent but I really liked how the author waited and built up to the first kiss and that it never went father then that, especially considering this is the first in a series. The town was creepy and the way she subtly gave you hints as to what was going on was really fantastic. 

      What I Didn't Like: The only thing i had an issue with was that guy getting rough with Katy at the party, i didn't like that at all. Also, i would have liked a little more of Katy with her mom, but i'm sure that will come later in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment