Labels

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout



     Rating: 5/5 stars 
     Recommend: Yes! 

     Synopsis: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?


     Review: This book was fabulous! I initially wasn't sure i'd like this series considering i'm not big on sci-fi and fantasy, as you know from my reviews i'm a romance girl. But i am so glad i picked this one up and the second book was just as good as the first! This one really dove into the budding romance between Daemon and Katy as well as the DOD and what they want from the Luxen and now Katy since she's found herself entwined with the aliens. It really hits deeply on why Daemon is the way he is and also proves to us that his affections for Katy are real and not just due to the connection they have. This was a great continuation and i have high hopes for the final three books in the series, especially since what happened at the end on this book, mmmm it's gonna be so good!! 

     What I Liked: Daemon was a million times more likable in this one since we were given the chance to see his more vulnerable side, Daemon also proves that he does love Katy, truly and deeply and would do anything to protect her and keep her away from harm. I kind of love the Arum also, they are a very cool antagonist and I also liked te DOD and their shady practice coming to light. The events of this book really set the characters up for a really thrilling next book and I just can't wait I read about it all. The path of the relationships in this book are so realistic, to me atleast nothing feels rushed or pushed to be something it's not. JLA is a master at relationship and character development. Also, DAWSON!?!?!?!?! BETH!?!?!?! WHAT!?!?!?!

     What I Didn't Like: We said goodbye to one of our beloved characters in this book, it hurt so badly. I can't help but think in the next three books that we're going to lose so many more characters we know and love, i am not looking forward to that at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment