Labels

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Review: Proxy by Alex London


Rating: 4.5/5 

Recommend: Definitely!!

Hello dear readers, I’m going to keep this one short and sweet as my first review back to the blog, well, as short of a review as I get. I’m also going to try to keep this review fairly spoiler free so that might help with the length. It’s been a long few months without internet but no internet did give me time to whittle down my ‘to be read’ stack.



Review: The first book I read was Proxy, which has been sitting on my nightstand calling my name for quite some time now. I have to say I was not disappointed, and I had some pretty high expectations after hearing such great things about it. The story follows Syd a proxy for spoiled rich kid Knox as he runs from Guardians after being sentenced to death for Knox killing a girl in a car accident. I have to say I don’t usually read books with such an emphasis on technology but this one just sounded too good and I had to pick it up. The tech in this book is unreal, at once enviable and a bit horrifying it added this great element to the story that I don’t think it would’ve had if it wasn’t incorporated into the society in the way that the author wrote it. I do think the pace left a little to be desired with characterization but what we did see of character growth and development was pretty realistic given the situation and I know all of this will probably be covered in the sequel. I do not regret my decision to read this one a single bit, and I highly recommend it to anyone who might be interested. I really just can’t wait to read the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment