Labels

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Review: Mind's Eye by Douglas E. Richards


Rating: 3.5/5

Recommend: maybe


Review: Going to attempt another short and spoiler free review for you guys today. Mind’s Eye is a book that was recommended to me by an online friend awhile back and I just got around to it recently completely unaware of what I was getting into which was at once pretty cool and pretty worrisome. I did like the book I just felt it was a little too slow in some places and a little too fast paced in others, some parts that could’ve been sped up seemed to drag on and some that I wished we saw more of were just passed over it seemed. Again I liked the tech in this one even though it isn’t necessarily something I think is desirable but it worked well with the story and gave a plausible explanation for Nick’s ESP. I also was not expecting the twist at the end which I know is something I’ve mentioned I liked in books on here before. Looking back I feel like I should’ve seen it but it still managed to surprise me and I really liked that. It did take me some time to get into the book enough to get to the point where I couldn’t put it down until I was done but when I got there I wasn’t disappointed with the way things played out. Again I’d recommend reading a bit of it before deciding if you want to invest in it but if you know it’s something you’d be into I promise you won’t regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment