Labels

Monday, February 23, 2015

Review: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller



Rating: 4.5/5 

Recommend: Definitely!!

Review: I have to say this book exceeded my expectations. I'd never heard of it until it was chosen as the group read for the genre challenge I'm participating in and wasn't sure if I would like it but it sounded interesting so I bought it on my kindle. I was immediately entranced by this book. I was only a little familiar with the story of Achilles before I started the book but the author had a way of making him so lively and real. I loved the relationship between Achilles and Patroclus and how above all else they really just wanted to keep each other safe and refused to leave each other behind, even when others tried so desperately to keep them from each other. This book was such an easy read and I really didn't want it to end even though it obviously had to. I do think the ending was rather bittersweet but was rather perfect and the happiest ending these two would ever get. I really did love this book and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to venture into the genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment