Labels

Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz


Rating: 4.5/5

Recommend: Definitely!!

Review: So I really had absolutely no idea what to expect when getting into this book. It was the group read for my genre challenge this month and everyone kept posting about how much they loved it so of course when I see posts like that I get skeptical because I usually tend to be a bit disappointed with books that people speak so highly of. I was not disappointed in this one. The story was amazing and told so beautifully that I just flew through this book practically in one sitting. Ari had such a great voice and these were characters and family dynamics that I related to in a way I never have with another book or other characters before, probably because I'm a Mexican who grew up in Texas, but I really did love seeing something so familiar to me in a book that's so loved by so many. I really cannot say enough about this wonderful book and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an engaging and quick read.

Side note: I really wanted to make my first video review on this book but I really haven't had too much time to film. I still plan on making a video for this book just to get a little more into what I thought about the characters and things like that and a link will be posted here when that finally goes up.

Also, here's the genre challenge I'm participating in just incase some of you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment