Labels

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Review: Solitaire by Alice Oseman


Rating: 4.5/5 (Rated up on goodreads) 

Recommend: Absolutely!! 

Review: This book kind of had my hooked from the moment I saw it in the bookstore a few months ago. I can't really explain it but I saw the cover and just picked it up and thought it would be something I was into, sadly I didn't have the money for it that day so it had to be left behind. When I did I have the money for it I grabbed it off the shelf and started reading it almost immediately. I was right, I was absolutely hooked from the first page and just couldn't put it down. The main character, Tori Spring, reminded me a lot of how I was in high school, I don't think I was as cynical and pessimistic but I was definitely both of those things and it's rare I find a character I relate to so much in books these days. The conversations between the characters felt so real and like something you might overhear in a school hallways or even be something you recognize as a conversation you've had with your own friends. Books like this are difficult for me because the dialogue always seems a bit forced but in Solitaire it all felt natural and was very easy to read. I did kind of guess the ending when I was about halfway through the book but there was enough of a twist that I didn't exactly see everything coming before I'd even got to the end. I truly just really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read more from Alice Oseman in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment